Title

The Art of Apollo Okamura

Warning!

WARNING!
If you've found this blog after googling my name regarding Rental properties, I DO NOT, and HAVE NOT ever owned any rental property.
The person you spoke to is using my name as a false identity! Please contact your local police and report them immediately!
If you wish to speak to me directly, you may contact me here, and I will be happy to answer any questions.

September 4, 2014

Animation Tutorials - In Production

With all the Robotech art out of the way, it's been a little quiet the last couple of weeks.
I've temporarily put my other projects on the back burner, as I've been recently working on an animation video tutorial series.

The tutorials will walk the viewer from dialogue analysis, to storyboards, to finished 2D animated scene (no cut-out). I'll be using software from Toon Boom, including Storyboard Pro, and Harmony 11. While I will be talking about how to use some of the software features, the focus will be on character animation fundamentals, which will be applicable no matter what software (or paper) you're using.

The tutorials are being produced for participants of the Skills CanadaOntario Technological Skills Competition; but will be made available for the public, afterwards, and once I actually get a store page set up.

Pricing has yet to be determined as it's still in production.

If this is something that you think sounds interesting, drop me a line, or leave a comment here, or on facebook. Unfortunately, until the project is fully completed, I can't post images or samples up; but if there's enough interest, I'll be sure to do so, once the project is done!

2 comments:

  1. Great job. I hope it will be effective for beginners. Although many animation production companies make tutorial but they are sufficient to learn and become professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your interest!
      Yes, it's very much for beginners, mostly showing how to use the drawing tools and how to create animation frames and layers, as well as a basic work pipeline, and a few animation tips.
      If this sounds like something you might be interested in, here's a coupon for 50% off:

      https://www.udemy.com/animating-traditionally-with-toon-boom/?couponCode=SOCIAL_MEDIA

      As for becoming professional, if you're looking to be an animator, most studios look to see if you can animate well, instead of just software knowledge. Keep drawing and you'll do great!

      Delete